Monday, August 09, 2010

Unburdened by Chis Tiegreen

Unburdened by Chris Tiegreen

Been there, done that got the tshirt. That was my thoughts when I got the book. Man, what a great read! The author has also been there and done that and wrote an outstanding book on the secret of letting God carry the things that weigh you down.

This book is a practical guide with well expressed and explained steps, fully grounded in Scripture, and I can testify from past experience that what he is writing about works, would have loved to have had this book a few years ago. I certainly haven’t mastered a life of completely trusting God so as to not carry burdens or worry, so this book was also a timely reminder that during this not so stormy season there are daily issues of trusting and release we can do.

Chris enlightens readers with some keen insights such as “the unburdened life is less about getting rid of our baggage than about carrying our loads with ease”(pg xviii), on learning to trust...”we will have to fight in order to rest” (pg 71)...I won’t spoil any more of it. I love practical action step books and this one is cream of the crop. Highest recommendation.

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book. After reading it I would GLADly have paid for it!

No comments: