Saturday, February 24, 2007

Nicknames

It is so sweet reading some blogs with the nicknames they have for either their children or the ones they are waiting for. "Dreamsicle" has got to top the list for me right now(not to use) but as a nickname that is just so darn cute.

When Julia is finally in our arms, I know nicknames such as "my precious little jewel" "Jules" will be often used, not too sure what other cutsie names I would use...pumpkin is one that I have used with other kids in the past, just not sure it will fit...I wonder if it might take a picture of her to inspire this...hmmm.

In Random news, off to attend a mandatory information conference put on by the denomination I work under...I am quite annoyed at their lack of organization. They haven't told us if we are getting picked up from the airport, how to get reinbursed, if the rooms they have for us require us to bring bedding or towels, and when I emailed early in the week they said, "we will send you some info later in the week". All that was, was info on how to get a password to let us into the building and then of course everyone's office was closed so I couldn't get more info... should be an interesting few days ahead. BAH, would much rather be staying at home and catching up on work than this, oh well, each job has its hoops to jump through...

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I love the name Julia! Beautiful. I am looking forward to reading more about your journey toward being parents.

Tao's Mommy said...

I havent heard "Dreamsicle" but its cute!! The one I really like is "Funshine".....I really havent called Channing anything other than Channing or Tao Tao (her Chinese Name)....but it all might change when I actually have her!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I hope your conference goes well....sounds....interesting....:-)

And I have lots of nicknames for my kids. They just kind of...evolve over time.