Thursday, September 13, 2007

Paul Brandt album review

Awesome.


nuff said.....







okay, maybe a few more words...





Great!

Solid Christian focus....


I have had the album Risk on loop since picking it up on Tuesday morning the moment the store opened!

I love the song Dust, the second favorite is Risk-

"I’d rather stand on the edge of a cliff
Hang my toes over a bit
And then jump in thin air
Even if it scares I and get hurt

Chorus:
I’d rather burn with desire
Deep in my soul
And love like a fire
That’s out of control
And laugh and dance and fall and chance and kiss

I’d rather live my whole life with a sense of abandon
Squeeze every drop out
No matter what happens
And not wonder what I’ve missed
I’d rather risk

Well I guess i could just play it safe
And forget about love, hope, and faith,
With my eye on the shoreline
Keeping my boat tied
And staying home

Oh but I’d never discover new land
By keeping my feet on the sand
No, I’d rather set sail
And get carried away by the storm"

I love the truth in it and the challenge to me to take healthy risks. I am a pretty easy going, low key, get the ship moving and just keep it going in the right direction person. Jumping without a plan isn't high on my list. But the chorus

I’d rather burn with desire deep in my soul
And love like a fire that’s out of control
And laugh and dance and fall and chance and kiss

That is what is in my heart, or has been, so it has been a good reminder in light of recent past experiences that try to knock that desire to "love out of control" out to Spit in the face of that fear and take the risk.

Taking this adoption journey has elements of risk, hurts, worries, frustrations, but even this far along and with a long leg still to go I certainly have felt it worth the risk from the start right through!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen my man!
we are in for the value of Julia... and the risk is worth every ounce of sweat and tears....
i love journeying with you.

Always,
Cara