Sunday, June 11, 2006

Far Away (My poem to my adopted daughter)

Far Away

I love you and I have loved you before you were born,
And I miss you, you’ve been far away for far too long.

I keep dreaming you'll be with me,
I will not stop trying, I will not give up,
Until I see you face to face,
Wash away your tears of pain with my tears of love and joy.
You’ve been far away for far too long.

I need you to hear me say, “I love you, I miss you.” Do you hear that even now?
Far away, far away, but in the closest part of my heart.
My heart aches to have you close and love you.
You’ve been far away for far too long.

One day there will be no distance, there will be no doubt,
And in your heart you will know you are wanted, needed, loved and cherished.
And the pain and loss you now feel will be far away, far away.
You’ve been far away, far away, for far too long.

I love you.
I have loved you before you were born,
And I miss you.
You’ve been far away for far too long.

June 2006 Randy Burtis

6 comments:

J Brant said...

This is a beautiful poem, it made me cry! I too enjoy poetry, it is a relaxing way to express emotions. Love your blog!
Take care,
Jennifer

Tao's Mommy said...

What a beautiful poem...Thanks for sharing!!! Wish I had a talent like that to do poetry...never had that gift!!!

Kim
www.kbowesjourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your heart is showing my son. I too wept when I read your poem. What an incredible dad you will be.

randy and cara said...

Jennifer, Thanks for the comment. It has been ages since I have done any poetry, i started this one in January and sat on it, revised it, sat on it,r evised it...finally said,"I just need to be content with it..."


Kim, thanks for the compliment, we all have different talents, and are creative in our own God given ways...


Mummy, heh I can always count on you for encouragement, I can't wait to be a dad, that is for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.